Latest Release Version: Current and Final Version (no technical support) Version 220.127.116.11
NOTICE: We no longer sell or support Fugawi Marine 5 software.
This page remains in place to allow download of the last release version of Fugawi Marine 5. However technical support related to this product, or help with upgrading or installing this product is no longer available.
We thank our Fugawi Software customers for their patronage over the past 20 years and encourage them to catch the new wave of mobile app navigation.
1. Close Fugawi Marine 5 if it is open.
2. Apply the update by double clicking on the file you downloaded.
3. For Windows 8.1 and 10, set the Fugawi Marine 5.exe program file to run in Administrative Mode.
4. If you have security software that may mis-identify Fugawi software as potential malware and quarantine it, you need to examine your security software for an Exceptions list. See your security software's Help resources on how to grant select software rights to run without special security blocks. Specifically, you need to include Fugawu Marine 5.exe on the Exceptions list of your security software.
5. Start the Fugawi software again.
Information on product retirement
- You may continue to run Fugawi Marine 5 on Windows 8.1 or Wndows 10 computers but you need to follow the instructions on how to set the Fugawi Marine 5.exe file to run permanently in Administrator Mode, otherwise software activation and other features will likely fail.
- License resets for the purpose of installing on replacement computers continues to be available at present, final cessation of license resets is pending. Customers requesting a license reset must email (not phone) to email@example.com and provide their product key and serial code. We will not take phone requests for license resets due to security reasons. Manual software activation is no longer performed by phone either, only via email. If you have lost your product key and/or serial code expect a search for your license data to take up to 3 business days, no expediated reply service applies.
- No upgrade path exists in the Fugawi product range, including the retired Fugawi Marine 5 software. We recommend searching the Internet for Windows based marine navigation or land navigation software; or, better yet, adopt iOS or Android navigation software for which Fugawi sells downloadable charts.
- Fugawi Marine 5 no longers supports the Maptech SDK. Due to licensing restrictions we can no longer distribute the Maptech SDK. Customers who use older versions of the Fugawi Marien 5 software are advised to backup any downloaded installation files for their own personal use before upgrading to the final Fugawi Marien 5 version. Please note that BSB charts (Including Maptech) generally remain compatible with Fugawi Marine 5 but the software no longer uses the Maptech SDK to read the BSB charts; the consequence is that some variant BSB charts depending on the Maptech SDK are unable to import into Fugawi. If your charts are no longer supported in the final version of Fugawi, we cannot provide an earlier version.
Changes to 18.104.22.168
- Support for TLS 1.2 required to connect to external web services such as Fugawi.com