After exporting waypoints and routes from software as FSH or GPX files saved media card, how do these import into a Raymarine a/c/e series plotter?
Article FF12776, August 21, 2015
Use the Raymarine plotter's menu My Data | Import / Export | Retrieve from Card but remember that imported routes are initially invisible on a chart.
Importing waypoints and routes from a memory card
On the home screen of your Raymarine a/c/e series plotter, do this:
- Have the memory card containing FSH or GPX files of data inserted into the a card reader slot of the plotter.
- Select the menu My Data.
- Select Import / Export.
- Select Retrieve from Card.
- In the file browser, navigate to and select the named data file you wish to import.
- Respond OK to the confirmation prompt.
But... Routes are initially hidden from view after import
By design, newly imported routes are hidden from view on any chart. This avoids potential clutter and visual conflicts with routes that may already be in a given chart area. To make the imported route(s) visible, do this:
- While viewing a chart area at a reasonable scale where you expect to see an imported route, press Menu.
- Select My Data.
- Select Routes.
- Select Show / Hide.
- Select a named route to toggle to Show instead of Hide.
Bonus feature: Tracks may be transformed into Routes
Some customers need to convert Raymarine tracks into routes. There is an option on the plotter to accomplish this:
- From any chart screen, select a chart to display its context menu. On a non-touch screen plotter, push the cursor to the track and select it, then press the OK button. On a touch screen plotter, select and hold the track. Either way, a context menu appears.
- Select the menu option Create Route From (should be listed near Hide Track and Rename).
- Edit the route as necessary to remove extraneous points and zig-zags.