Activation fails on Windows 10 or 8.1 computer unless software run in Administrative Mode - Fugawi 4.5 (Global Navigator and Marine ENC)
Article GN13535, April 27, 2018
Fugawi 4.5 series software needs to be run in Admistrative / Administrator mode to complete some tasks. Often Activation fails unless the software launches in admin mode.
(1) Use Windows Explorer or File Explorer to browse into your C: drive, that is browse to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Fugawi\Fugawi45\Fugawi45.exe
You may have to sort the file names and look down the alphabetical list where you will surely see “Fugawi45” and the type of file will be “Application” (i.e. program).
(2) Right click the file Fugawi45.exe .
(3) In the right-click context menu, select Properties.
(4) Look for either a “Short-cut” tab or a “Compatibility” tab (varies by version of Windows).
(5) If you see the “Short-cut” tab, then click the Advanced… button. Else, stay on the “Compatibility” tab.
(6) Put a check-mark into the “Run in Administrative Mode” or “Run as administrator” box -- anything mentioning Administrator / Administrative is what you want to enable.
(7) Click Apply and/or OK, whatever gets you out of that sub-menu / dialog.
(8) Launch Fugawi 4.5 by clicking the short-cut icon on the Windows desktop.
(9) When prompted by a Windows security dialog to allow the software to run in the special mode, click to accept it.
After performing the above steps, every time the software launches it will be in Administrative Mode and various types of potential problems can be avoided.