Explorer Chartbooks - Bahamas
Quilted charts of Exumas, Ragged Islands, Far Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, and Near Bahamas
About Explorer Chartbooks Bahamas
The Explorer Team has consistently provided the best navigational charts and cruising guide information with superior research, more data, and greater accuracy than any other source for cruising in the Bahamas.
To provide for your navigational needs, Explorer Chartbooks include:
- Up-to-date large-scale and small-scale charts
- Accurate data
- Beautiful intuitive colors
- Harbour closeup charts
- Topographical features with shoreside facilities, landmarks, roads, and elevation contours
- Extensive spot soundings
This chart collection displays in two modes depending on your software:
- For iNavX on iOS or Android ⇒ Quilted chart presentation:
While connected to the Internet, pan and zoom within the coverage area to download chart graphics at a given scale. Anything downloaded and viewed is saved for later offline use. Because the Explorer Chartbooks in iNavX are shown as a single contiguous view, there is no need to memorize and look up adjacent chart numbers; and the next area and scale of chart slides into place as your boat's GPS position changes.
- For GPSNavX, MacENC, PathAway Pro, Fugawi Marine 5, Fugawi 4.5, and OpenCPN (coming soon early 2018) ⇒ Individual raster chart presentation:
Download the entire list of individual Explorer Chartbooks Bahamas chart files. Download once -- no need for another Internet connection later. Pick individual charts for viewing. Some software has adjacent chart auto-loading or a fast means of quilting adjacent charts so you do not have to worry over crossing boundaries from what chart to another.
About the download subscription and license flexibility
Each purchase of this Explorer Chartbooks Bahamas product is a 365 day subscription providing the ability to download the charts, to update the chart collection with revisions, and restore chart files to a computer when those files were erased. One purchase of Explorer Chartbooks Bahamas entitles you to download its charts to 2 target devices / computers with compatible navigation software installed. If you replace a device / computer and exceed the regular limit of 2, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a reset of subscription, allowing the charts to download to the replacement unit. Fugawi
How to download to compatible navigation software
Select the tab to the right corresponding to your software title. Follow the "How to Download" instruction steps there.
If you need additional clarification, use the email links provided to email any error code you may see, describe any problem or limitation encountered. Attach a screen capture if that helps illustrate the issue.
Tip: Read the instructions on one screen (ex. a large computer monitor) while carrying out the steps on the device where your software will be downloading the charts..
How to download / view as quilted charts in iNavX
An illustrated version of instructions is given in Fugawi knowledgebase article IX14138... best viewed on a computer montior while you tap away on the iOS device's screen. Else, follow these steps after having installed the most current iNavX app and having bought this product on Fugawi.com.
- Beginning on the iNavX world chart (or any chart screen), select the tab More (...) and then tap the Account menu.
(On iNavX for iOS, the alternative path is in the upper-left corner Charts | Account.)
- Enter your Fugawi.com account's Email and case sensitive Password. Tap Login. A success prompt should follow.
- Under the menu Charts | My Charts tab, select this Explorer Chartbooks - Bahamas title.
- Tap on the Quilted Charts text row near the top of the screen. Answer Yes to any prompt for activation.
- Initially, you may see a gray empty grid which may be centered on your current GPS position. Finger drag to pan around the screen, zoom in or out by gesturing with your thumb and forefinger: spread fingers apart to zoom in, pinch fingers together to zoom out. Zoom into areas outlined with red rectangles to see more detailed chart images, where available. After a brief wait, tiles of raster chart content download and display. Whatever charts at a given scale have downloaded get stored in memory for later offline use.
Additional notes on usage for iNavX
- For iNavX on iOS, at least version 5.0.5 is required, but updating to whatever the most current version of iNavX is in App Store | Updates is recommended.
- This chart collection is a seamless continuous "quilted" set of Bahamas ocean coastal waters built from individual raster charts. You will need an Internet connection to download a stream of chart tiles (chunks of chart data) for whatever areas you pan / zoom into. All charts at a given scale are cached in device memory so you can continue to use them offline. While at home, with a good Internet connection, download all chart areas at all scales you anticipate a need for. There is no option to batch download everything of a named area or other large pre-defined regions... simply download on-demand, fetch only the areas you actually need. When you are on a boat far away from Internet access, the charts will be there ready for viewing.
- Any individual chart is represented by a thin red rectangle. To load / view an individual chart: tap the chart's red rectangle, select the chart title from the pop-over menu, and answer Yes to the download prompt. To return to the seamless chart: tap the back-arrow button to get to the main listing of charts; then, near the top of the list, tap Tiled Chart.
- To clear the cache tap the "i" (information) button in the lower-right corner of the chart; then tap the action button in the upper-left corner and select Remove Chart.
- Tip for chart planning usage on GPS enabled iOS devices: The Settings gear-wheel icon at the upper-right corner of any chart has an option for Pos Icon Loc (position icon at location). This may be set to NONE to ensure the currently viewed chart area remains visible instead of auto-jumping to another chart at your current GPS position. When you do need GPS actively showing your boat's movements over a chart, set Pos Icon Loc back to CTR (center).
- If you need reliable GPS positioning data streaming into any model of iPhone or iPad (especially Wi-Fi only iPad models), we recommend investing in the Bad Elf GPS Pro.
Downloading charts is done with a free helper app. Try the quick instructions below but if you encounter issues, consult the detailed instructions further below.
Download the NavX app installer posted on the Download link at http://gpsnavx.com/navx-for-mac. Install and run NavX. Click the Account button and enter your Fugawi.com email + password. Click Activate Products to specify your charting software (MacENC or GPSNAVX) and then pick Explorer Chartbooks Bahamas for activation. When prompted, browse to a download destination folder. Click Activate to commence download. Start up your charting software and point its chart manager at the folder containing the just-downloaded chart files.
Download instructions in detail + troubleshooting notes:
► For PathAway Pro Android issues and questions beyond chart downloading via Fugawi.com service, post your question to the PathAway Android support forum at pathaway.com/forum.
► For help with this chart download, contact email@example.com. For questions about Fugawi Marine 5 interfacing with NMEA networks, detecting GPS devices, managing waypoints and routes, and other question outside of chart and weather forecast downloads, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
► For support about the chart download process, contact email@example.com and specify use of either Fugawi Global Navigator 4.5 or Fugawi Marine ENC 4.5. For non-chart topics: email to firstname.lastname@example.org.