Explorer Chartbooks - Bahamas
Quilted charts of Exumas, Ragged Islands, Far Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, and Near Bahamas
About Explorer Chartbooks Bahamas
Complete coverage of the Bahamas adapted from Explorer Chartbooks are now available in seamless, contiguous regions — no need to memorize and look up adjacent chart numbers; the next area and scale of chart slides into place as your boat's GPS position changes.
The Explorer Team has consistently provided the best navigational charts and cruising guide information with more research, more data, and more accuracy than any other source for cruising in the Bahamas.
To provide for your navigational needs, Explorer Chartbooks include:
- Up-to-date large- and small-scale charts
- Accurate data
- Beautiful intuitive colors
- Harbour Closeup charts
- Topographical Features with shoreside facilities, landmarks, roads, and elevation contours
- Extensive Soundings
How to download / view these quilted charts
An illustrated version of instructions is given in Fugawi knowledgebase article IX14138... best viewed on a computer montior while you tap away on the iOS device's screen. Else, follow these steps after having installed the most current iNavX app and having bought this product on Fugawi.com.
- Beginning on the iNavX world chart (or any chart screen), tap the Charts menu (upper-left corner) and then the Account button.
- Enter your Fugawi.com account's Email and case sensitive Password. Tap Login to return to the Charts menu screen.
- Under the My Charts tab, select this Explorer Chartbooks - Bahamas title.
- Tap on the Quilted Charts text row near the top of the screen. (Note: there are no individual stand-alone charts for this collection.) Answer Yes to any prompt for activation.
- Initially, you may see a gray empty grid which may be centered on your current GPS position. Finger drag to pan around the screen, zoom in or out by gesturing with your thumb and forefinger: spread fingers apart to zoom in, pinch fingers together to zoom out. Zoom into areas outlined with red rectangles to see more detailed chart images, where available. After a brief wait, tiles of raster chart content download and display. Whatever charts at a given scale have downloaded get stored in memory for later offline use.
Additional notes on usage
- Must be using at least version 5.0.5 of iNavX for full compatibility, older versions will never function for this chart collection.
- This chart collection is a seamless continuous "quilted" set of Bahamas ocean coastal waters built from individual raster charts. You will need an Internet connection to download a stream of chart tiles (chunks of chart data) for whatever areas you pan / zoom into. All charts at a given scale are cached in device memory so you can continue to use them offline. While at home, with a good Internet connection, download all chart areas at all scales you anticipate a need for. There is no option to batch download everything of a named area or other large pre-defined regions... simply download on-demand, fetch only the areas you actually need. When you are on a boat far away from Internet access, the charts will be there ready for viewing.
- Any individual chart is represented by a thin red rectangle. To load / view an individual chart: tap the chart's red rectangle, select the chart title from the pop-over menu, and answer Yes to the download prompt. To return to the seamless chart: tap the back-arrow button to get to the main listing of charts; then, near the top of the list, tap Tiled Chart.
- To clear the cache tap the "i" (information) button in the lower-right corner of the chart; then tap the action button in the upper-left corner and select Remove Chart.
- Tip for chart planning usage on GPS enabled iOS devices: The Settings gear-wheel icon at the upper-right corner of any chart has an option for Pos Icon Loc (position icon at location). This may be set to NONE to ensure the currently viewed chart area remains visible instead of auto-jumping to another chart at your current GPS position. When you do need GPS actively showing your boat's movements over a chart, set Pos Icon Loc back to CTR (center).
- If you need reliable GPS positioning data streaming into any model of iPhone or iPad (especially Wi-Fi only iPad models), we recommend investing in the Bad Elf GPS Pro.