Theyr Premium Monthly subscription delivers weather and ocean forecasts using the NOAA Global Forecast System (GFS) 0.5 and 1.0 resolution data in addition to the higher resolution WRF/NMM 0.1 and 0.045 degree data for North America, 0.1 North Atlantic and Europe, 0.04 degree West Europe, and 0.08 degree Southern Hemisphere (portions of: South America near Uraguay, South Africa, three segments of Australia, and New Zealand) data. Forecast weather data overlays nautical charts with animation by time and adjustable brightness. Data types include:
* Wind Speed and Direction
* Air Pressure
* Air Temperature
* Wave Height, Period and Direction (WW3)
* Wind/Wave, Height and Direction (WRF/NMM)
* Sea Surface Temperature (0.5 and 0.083 degree)
* NOC Tidal Stream 0.02 degree (North-west Europe)
* NEXRAD doppler weather (North America)
Feel free to compare the features options at Theyr Weather Overview.
For better value, subscribe to the Theyr Premium Annual subscription.
See an animation of Theyr weather on an iPad with iNavX at inavx.com/theyr.
Required: (a) iNavX app version 3.6.2 or higher OR PathAway for Android version 5.81.02 or higher; (b) Purchase of this Theyr one-month subscription within a current X-Traverse account; (c) Internet connection for refreshing weather data or the current forecast type or downloading a new forecast type.
How to download Theyr Weather forecasts in iNavX
- Launch iNavX (version 5.0.5 or higher).
- Select the menu Charts | Account and enter the email and password of your Fugawi.com account.
- Open a chart. If using a raster chart, choose one that covers a relatively large area to see meaningful patterns in regional scale weather.
- Select the More tab | Theyr Weather menu.
- Select the Region (ex. Global Forecast 0.5 Degrees)
Notes: (i) If you plan to see NEXRAD Doppler radar, select the second North America entry.
(ii) if you plan to see Tidal Stream data, select Northwest Europe.
- Select the Mode (ex. Wind Speed or whatever interests you).
- Tap the <More button in the upper-left corner.
- Select Chart tab to view an applicable chart area, preferably zoomed out.
- At the top of the screen, tap the arrow button to advance to the next forecast time frame or tap the animate button to cycle through all forecast frames.
- To select a different Region or Mode or change the transparency, select the button with the forecast date / time.
How to download Theyr weather forecasts into PathAway for Android
- Select the menu Screens | Weather. An options pop-up box appears; select Login. In the Login dialog, go to Service, select X-Traverse, and enter your X-Traverse username email and password. Select Login to enable the Theyr Weather subscription.
An alternative menu to start at is the Settings dialog; select My Accounts and perform the same login described above.
- After activation, the menu View | Weather View displays a control bar. On the bar, select as desired for the Weather forecast type, data refresh, animation control, transparency level of the weather overlay graphics, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I see detailed help about PathAway?
Start with the User Manual of your version of PathAway such as the PathAway Professional for Android document.
In iNavX, can I switch between weather forecast measurement units?
Yes, unit switching was included within iNavX in early 2013; if necessary, update your iNavX app version.
For iNavX, can multiple weather forecast types be stored in memory at the same time? Is another Internet connection needed each time a new forecast is fetched?
The web service model implemented in iNavX retains one type of forecast at a time. A different forecast type requires another brief Internet access session to fetch data.