Theyr Premium Annual subscription delivers weather and ocean forecasts using the NOAA Global Forecast System (GFS) 0.5 and 1.0 resolution data in addition to the higher resolution WRF/NMM 0.1 and 0.045 degree data for North America, 0.1 North Atlantic and Europe, 0.04 degree West Europe, 0.08 degree Southern Hemisphere (portions of: South America near Uraguay, South Africa, three segments of Australia, and New Zealand) data. Forecast weather data overlays nautical charts with animation by time and adjustable brightness. Data types include:
* Wind Speed and Direction
* Air Pressure
* Air Temperature
* Wave Height, Period and Direction (WW3)
* Wind/Wave, Height and Direction (WRF/NMM)
* Sea Surface Temperature (0.5 and 0.083 degree)
* NOC Tidal Stream 0.02 degree (North-west Europe)
* NEXRAD doppler radar (North America).
Feel free to compare the features options at Theyr Weather Overview. See an animation of Theyr weather on an iPad with iNavX at inavx.com/theyr.
Required: (a) iNavX app version 3.6.2 or higher OR PathAway for Android version 5.81.02 or higher; (b) Purchase of this Theyr one-year subscription within a current X-Traverse account; (c) Internet connection for refreshing the weather data or downloading another forecast type.
How do I download Theyr weather forecasts in iNavX?
- Launch iNavX (version 5.0.5 or higher).
- Select the menu Charts | Account and enter the email and password of your Fugawi.com account.
- Open a chart. If using a raster chart, choose one that covers a relatively large area to see meaningful patterns in regional scale weather.
- Select the More tab | Theyr Weather menu.
- Select the Region (ex. Global Forecast 0.5 Degrees)
Notes: (i) If you plan to see NEXRAD Doppler radar, select the second North America entry.
(ii) if you plan to see Tidal Stream data, select Northwest Europe.
- Select the Mode (ex. Wind Speed or whatever interests you).
- Tap the <More button in the upper-left corner.
- Select Chart tab to view an applicable chart area, preferably zoomed out.
- At the top of the screen, tap the arrow button to advance to the next forecast time frame or tap the animate button to cycle through all forecast frames.
- To select a different Region or Mode or change the transparency, select the button with the forecast date / time.
How do download Theyr weather forecasts in PathAway for Android?
- Select the menu Screens | Weather. An options pop-up box appears; select Login. In the Login dialog, go to Service, select X-Traverse, and enter your X-Traverse username email and password. Select Login to enable the Theyr Weather subscription.
An alternative menu to start at is the Settings dialog; select My Accounts and perform the same login described above.
- After activation, the menu View | Weather View displays a control bar. On the bar, select as desired for the Weather forecast type, data refresh, animation control, transparency level of the weather overlay graphics, etc.
|Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I see detailed help about PathAway?
Start with the User Manual of your version of PathAway such as the PathAway Professional for Android document.
In iNavX, can I switch between measurement units?
Yes, unit switching was included within iNavX in early 2013; if necessary, update your iNavX software version.
For iNavX, can multiple weather forecast types be stored in memory at the same time? Is another Internet connection needed each time a new forecast is fetched?
The web service model implemented in iNavX retains one type of forecast at a time. A different forecast type requires another brief Internet access session to fetch data.