Senior embedded Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Engineer wanted
Our Toronto team is looking for an experienced Linux developer to help lead our efforts adding Wi-Fi module on target hardware from bring up to application development and maintain Bluetooth application on existing platforms.
The ideal candidate will work with hardware team to bring up Wi-Fi chipset, integrate Linux kernel driver, and assist with low level testing along with certification process.
You will be developing, enhancing and delivering advanced software technology from project start to manufacturing, with continued support after the manufacturing begins.
If this is you, then please apply! We are excited to find a new team member to work with our seasoned and highly effective team of engineers (who will be depending on your contributions).
Who are we?
Johnson Outdoors turns ideas into adventure with innovative, market-leading outdoor recreational products designed, manufactured and marketed by nearly 1,300 employees across 16 countries. The company’s award-winning innovation is fueled by a unique passion for the outdoors, coupled with sophisticated market research and cutting-edge technology, to advance a continuous pipeline of successful new products across four categories: Fishing, Watercraft, Outdoor Gear and Diving. The Toronto office develops cartography products, embedded software, web services, and mobile software for the Humminbird brand. Humminbird brand products are manufactured by the Fishing Group of Johnson Outdoors (Nasdaq: JO UT) with several locations in the USA and Canada.
- Advanced level skills in software system architecture design; embedded systems programming fundamentals and techniques; embedded real-time operating systems for a variety of microprocessors, understanding of graphics processing and knowledge of software and hardware development tools
- Languages: Advanced level knowledge of and experience in C/C++, strong systems coding experience preferred, some assembly language experience is helpful
- Experience working on Wi-Fi development - integrating Wi-Fi chipset drivers into kernel and bringing up the module. Knowledge in 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
- Knowledge of bus protocols such as SDIO, UART, SPI, I2C etc.
- Working knowledge of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi tools such as Ellisys bluetooth protocol analyzers, Wireshark, AirPcap etc.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP suite and common network protocols.
- Knowledge in wireless data throughput and power management tuning.
- Experience with BT/BLE stacks is a plus.
- Experience: minimum 5 years
- Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent.
- Johnson Outdoors work place is second to none for those wanting a strong technical career, we have an environment that nurtures innovation and interaction, and our total compensation package is competitive with the local employment market
- Job start date: As soon as possible
- Terms of employment: full time employee
- Benefits: medical, dental, cash profit share, and deep employee discounts on Johnson Outdoors and SC Johnson products
- Working in our spacious, modern, open-plan office in creative Old Toronto (Richmond and Sherbourne area)
- Recurring travel to our Alpharetta, Georgia office is expected
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to FishingHR@johnsonoutdoors.com .