Senior mobile developer needed to join growing team
Our Toronto team is looking to hire an experienced creative and bright person who has five or more years of comprehensive mobile software development experience.
You will be working with, mentoring, and learning from, a seasoned and highly effective team of mobile, RoR full stack, C++ and C# developers who will depend on the applications you and your team build. You will be working directly on the design and deployment of new scalable mobile applications.
We are looking for someone who shows excellent logical thinking, understands deeply the principles of OOD, can author and document well-structured code, has strong mathematical ability, and who is truly motivated to be a productive mobile developer within a friendly Agile/Scrum-based team environment.
You should have a B.Sc. or higher in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or comparable.
Who are we?
Johnson Outdoors (Nasdaq: JOUT) turns ideas into adventure with innovative, market-leading outdoor recreational products designed, manufactured and marketed by 1,300 employees across 16 countries. The company’s award-winning innovation is fueled by a unique passion for the outdoors, coupled with careful market research and cutting-edge technology, to advance a continuous pipeline of successful new products across four categories: Fishing, Watercraft, Outdoor Gear and Scuba Diving. The Toronto office develops cartography products, web services, and mobile software for the Humminbird brand (www.humminbird.com) which are manufactured by the Fishing Group of Johnson Outdoors with several locations in the USA and Canada.
- Programming Languages: Very strong capability with at least one Object-Oriented programming language a must. At least five years of development for iOS and/or Android. Deep experience using XCode, Swift, and/or Android Studio.
- Strong understanding of modern mobile application development principles and current app deployment procedures
- Knowledge of mobile app security best practices
- Deep knowledge of REST/JSON services
- Some background, interest or aptitude relating to DRM would be an asset
- Experience: 5+ years
- Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent
Some more details:
- Job start date: As soon as possible
- Terms of employment: full time
- Benefits: Cash profit share, company paid RRSP contribution, medical, dental, deep employee discount on Johnson Outdoors products
- Some minor travel to USA offices
- Working in our spacious, modern, open-plan office in creative Old Toronto (Richmond and Sherbourne area)
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.